Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Long Voting Line in Gretna, LA

This morning, I got up early to vote and brought my soon to be teenage daughter for the first time and let her push the buttons. She really enjoyed it and now feels like she's part of the process.

What amazed me was the line; it was a 30 minute wait. I've been voting for 25 years and have only waited in line once, and that was for 5 minutes. Normally the voting booths are in the lobby of the gym, but today they were at that back of the basketball court allowing the line to stay indoors. I saw guys I grew up with who I rarely see and many others including my mom who was thrilled to see my daughter enter the booth.

Tonight will be interesting to say the least and I think this election will be closer than what they say in the news.

No comments: